Situated between Platform No. 7 & Pandya Bridge is a huge red building, which was once a Railway Saloon Shed. The bogies were attached to train, when the Maharaja used to travel to Bombay !
The building was built in 1905 and was used to park the Broad-Gauge Royal Saloon’s (living, dinning & bedroom bogie’s) of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III. The saloon had Conference Room, Kitchen, Bed-room, toilet like functionalities. The salon also had gold-plate ceilings, luxurious interiors, wardrobes and sofas, chairs and tables for the comfort. The building has 28 windows, a triangular closed roof and is now closed from the ends and is in dilapidated condition.
The saloon(s) were built by the Parel Workshop of Bombay Baroda & Central India Railways in 1886.