Shri Sayaji Tower

Shri Sayaji Tower

Shri Sayaji Tower (also known as Shri Sayaji Justice Tower) is located near Baroda College (Now The Maharaja Sayajirao University), Vadodara (Baroda).

The Tower was erected in Year 1920-21 A.D. at cost of Rs 30470. The Value of Clock was Rs 3064.

The Tower was contributed by State Scholars in Europe in the Year 1894.

The tower is alomost 90+ Years old. Its height is ~40ft and the Clock System inside tower is ~30ft. The Sound of Tower Bell has been lowered from early time, as of students studying in Baroda College (Now Maharaja Sayajirao University) are not disturbed. The Tower also has decorative Chhatri and Grill.

Its only tower in Vadodara which has Devanagari Script on its clock.

Chief Engineer – A.H. Coyle.
Scholars also contributed additional Rs 3150.

The Donors of Clock
– Sampatrao Gaekwad
– Ganpatrao Gaekwad
– UmendramBhai Desai
– Jijaba B. Mohite
– Nanajirao S. Sinde
– Madhavrao A. Sitole
– MotiBhai B. Patel
– RaojiBhai M. Patel
– Alaudin M. Pathan
– LaluBhai H. Kharadi
– RanchhodLal K. Lohar
– Mansingrao A. Solasker