Pologround was a big lake which was known as Bhesana or Bhesaniya Talao (Lake). There was also a Temple of Lord Durga and a Police Station at two ends of ground respectively, which are still there.
From Year 1910 to 1912, the Ground was filled up with sand to play Polo Game as ordered by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad.
Royal family leased the Polo-Grounds under the administration of the Polo Club and Collector.
After receiving permission to use the ground from the Polo Club, final approval is given by the Collector.
Scattered in 16 acres, Polo-Ground can accommodate upto 2 Million(s) of crowd.
The Ground is now used for Coaching Crickets. Kids also play Cricket here. Events and Ramayan – Dussehra Festival are also celebrated here.