Sayaji Baug is a garden located in Centre of Vadodara (Baroda). Sayaji Baug was dedicated to the citizens of Vadodara by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in Year 1879. Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III built Sayaji Baug, well known as Kamati Baug, on the river Vishwamitri. Sayaji Baug, (also known as Public Park in olden time) is the largest garden in Western India, stretching over 113 acres (0.46 km2). It has a rich flora of more than 98 species of trees. The garden is home to the Baroda Museum & Picture Gallery, the Sardar Patel Planetarium, and the Sayaji Baug Zoo.
Built in Year 1894, the Baroda Museum and Picture Gallery within Sayaji Baug preserves a rich collection of art, sculpture, ethnography and ethnology. Major attractions of this museum include Egyptian mummy and skeleton of a blue whale. The picture gallery, which was opened in Year 1921, exhibits art works of British painters.The Floral Clock standing erect inside the park is the first of its kind in the state. The machinery of the clock is underground, and its hour, minute and seconds hands move on a 20 ft diameter dial.
A cable-stayed suspension bridge was also made at the garden during the reign of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III but, the bridge broke down due to heavy rush at the garden.
Brave Boys of Dhari, Amreli
There are 2 statues of 2 boys (one located at gate infront of MSU Fine Arts & other is located at garden area near bandstand). Statues were built to give tribute to them by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III. The boys saved maharaja from tiger during a hunting expedition.