Shivaji Chitra Bhavan was opened in 1929, located near Sursagar Lake, overlooking Music College. During the old time it was the era of movie without sounds, so it was known as Chitra Bhavan ! It was the first talkies in Baroda to have a cinema-scope screen!
After the riots in 1969, people damaged the theatre and after that it was renamed as Prince Cinema (talkies). In 1974, Rakesh Roshan & Reena Roy came to Prince Cinema as some part of film ‘Goonj’ was shot in city. Also Subhash Ghai came here in 1972 during the release of ‘Do Bachche Dus Haath’ !
Prince Cinema has 345 seats & now-a-days is known for showing Gujarati Films.