In old days, during the reign of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III, there was a cable-stayed suspension bridge (julta pul) at Sayaji Baug (Public Park), which connected Zoo and the Park as of Vishwamitri river flows from side of the park. The bridge was also made during construction of Public Park, during 1879.
The bridge was also one of the main attractions of the garden and was the only suspension bridge of its kind in city. During 1964, the bridge broke down as of heavy rush on the bridge, due to Fugga Agyaras festivities. The bridge was contructed by John Fleming & Co Engineers, Bombay.
A newly bridge is now constructed at the same area by VMC